Canadian singer-songwriter Feist (you probably best know her for the epic earworm that is “1, 2, 3, 4”) met our very own Brent Hinds while she and Mastodon were filming segments for Later…With Jools Holland. It was then that the two started cooking up ideas:
“Brent and I were nodding at each other, and he’s like, ‘Nice riff,’ and I’m like ‘Nice tone.’ So backstage I’m thinking about letting these two worlds collide, how they should collide, so I’m like ‘How about Metals meeting metal? Brent was like, ‘Well, I do like that ‘Bad in Each Other’ song, I could see that.’ Maybe now I will look into learning to cover ‘Oblivion’… or anything off [The Hunter]. That album’s amazing.”
Sweet, sugary Feist covering “Oblivion”? Sounds odd, but if done right, this could actually work. We’ll have to see, won’t we?
- benckendorfs likes this
- icelungs likes this
- thecanyonbehindher reblogged this from fuckyeahmastodon and added:
- higginst likes this
- imthatonetallkid reblogged this from fuckyeahmastodon
- gabethewretched reblogged this from fuckyeahmastodon
- gabethewretched likes this
- boughtnewsoul answered: I don’t want her touching anything Mastodon to be honest
- planetary-duality reblogged this from fuckyeahmastodon
- shmoemusic answered: That would be amazing!
- littlegoldfishes answered: Yes, also, Mastodon should cover 1,2,3,4
- fuckyeahmastodon posted this